Tour de Mississauga 50K
Join us on Sunday September 17th to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Tour de Mississauga. Over the last ten years Tour de Mississauga has grown into one of Ontario’s largest community cycling events, bringing together thousands of Mississauga residents, families and cyclists to celebrate cycling in the city.
Starting from Celebration Square at 7:30 a.m., the 50K route will lead participants along city roads, residential streets and bike lanes through the downtown core, Fairview, Cooksville, Mississauga Valley, Rathwood, Hurontario and East Credit. Participants must follow traffic rules and instructions from police officers at all times. A short section of the route will be closed to traffic and police will be present at major intersections.
Tour de Mississauga is charging a nominal registration fee to help cover the cost of organizing the event. The registration fee for the 50K is $20, children 16 and under ride for free. Registration into the Tour de Mississauga 50K includes:
- Entry into the ride and finish line festival
- Registration kit delivery by Canada Post
- 2 rest stops with water, fruit and snacks
- A complimentary ice cream at the finish line festival
Required Skill level
The 50K route is suitable for experienced cyclists. Participants must be comfortable riding on city roads with vehicular traffic and be able to maintain a 15 kilometre per hour average speed for 50 kilometres.
Important Safety Information
- Participants must follow traffic rules at all times.
- Participants must wear a bicycle helmet. Tour de Mississauga has adopted a mandatory helmet policy for all riders participating in the event, including adults aged 18 and over.
- Participants must ensure their bicycles are in good working order. Perform an ABC Quick check to assess the condition of your bicycle prior to the event.