Tour de Mississauga 10K
Join us on Sunday, September 17th to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Tour de Mississauga. Over the last ten years, Tour de Mississauga has grown into one of Ontario’s largest community cycling events, bringing together thousands of Mississauga residents, families and cyclists to celebrate cycling in the city.
Tour de Mississauga has introduced a 5 kilometre ride to give novice cyclists and families with children the opportunity to participate in the event. Starting from Celebration Square at 9:30 a.m., the 5K route will lead participants along bike lanes and residential streets through the downtown core and Fairview. Participants must follow traffic rules and instructions from Police officers at all times. A short section of the route will be closed to traffic and police will be present at signalized intersections.
Tour de Mississauga is charging a nominal registration fee to help cover the cost of organizing the event. The registration fee for the 5K is $5, children 16 and under ride for free. Registration into the Tour de Mississauga 5K includes:
- Entry into the ride and finish line festival
- Registration kit delivery by Canada Post
- A complimentary ice cream at the finish line festival
*The Tour de Mississauga routes are tentative and will be confirmed two weeks before the event.
Required Skill level
The 5K route is suitable for novice cyclists and families with children. All participants must be able to ride a bike independently and be comfortable with cycling on bike lanes and quiet residential streets. Young children are allowed to accompany parents in bike trailers, bike-mounted child seats or tandem-tows.
Important Safety Information
- Participants must follow traffic rules at all times.
- Participants must wear a bicycle helmet. Tour de Mississauga has adopted a mandatory helmet policy for all riders participating in the event, including adults aged 18 and over.
- Participants must ensure their bicycles are in good working order. Perform an ABCD Quick check to assess the condition of you bicycle prior to the event.